More beaches near the villa we suggest you to visit are :
- Marathi beach (11 km): Marathi has two wonderful beaches, divided by the pier of the harbour and they are probably two of the best beaches in Akrotiri peninsula! Both are sandy and well organized with sun beds and umbrellas. The most important advantage in Marathi is that you'll almost never see the sea with waves, even when it blows in western Crete. Also it is ideal for families with children and there you can find taverns and cafes by the sea.
- Loutraki beach (11 km): Loutraki beach is a waveless beach with fine sand, between the rocky shore of the bay. Also there you will find restaurants and beach bars.
- Tersanas beach (11 km): Tersanas is an organised beach and is rarely affected by the winds!
- Stavros beach (12 km): In Stavros village you will find two beaches. The main beach where “Zorbas” was filmed, is located in the east side of the village, at the foot of the mountain and has marvellous white sand and shallow turquoise waters.
The second beach of Stavros is located in the north side of the village and has sand and rocks in places and is less organised than the first, but cleaner.
- Seitan Limania (18 km): There you will find a beach that differs from other beaches. Nature created three inlets between the steep cliffs of the peninsula. In one of them is located the well-hidden beach which is not organised. Be aware that in order to reach Seitan Limania beach, you have to park your car and then climb down a path, not that easy for children or elderly people.
- Agia Marina beach (20 km): Agia Marina is composed by a number of sandy organized beaches which has easy access. A part of Agia Marina is full of small bays while the east side of the place is a long sandy beach which reaches up to neighbouring Stalos settlement. Agia Marina is also a developed touristic site with shops, bars, tavernas, beach bars and night clubs.
- Platanias beach (20 km): Beach of Platanias is full of beach bars, cafes, touristic shops, hotels and tavernas, it is a destination by itself, busting with life during the entire summer season. The beach is well organized with sun beds, umbrellas, beach bars and clubs.
Furthermore, on the west of Crete you will find some of the most amazing and famous beaches of Crete and Greece like “Phalasarna”, “Balos”, “Gramvousa”, and “Elafonisi”.
Although those magical beaches are one hour drive away from the villa, we definitely suggest you to visit them as we assure you that you will leave with unforgettable memories.